Thursday, January 29, 2015

Yesterday was Wacky Wednesday

I only have one picture to share from yesterday.


Evan and me on Wacky Day.  As usual, I was rolling around the school taking pictures for the yearbook.  I hadn't gotten a shot of either of my children, so I found Evan at P.E....again!

He agreed to take a picture since the teacher said he wouldn't be "out" in their insane version of The Hunger Games.  Basically, they were playing flag tag, but when Miss Solinsky raised her hand and said in the best British accent ever, "May the odds be ever in your favor," the kids scattered like mad chasing each other.  

I died laughing.  Then I recovered.  Miss Solinsky said she has to use the accent because the kids love it.  The things teachers do!

I don't think either of my children looked particularly wacky.  I was wackified more than both of them put together! Burgundy pants, green long sleeve shirt, handprint t-shirt on top, Mardi Gras beads, leopard scarf, two pony tails, one random blue bow, bright pink earrings, two mismatched Valentine socks, a blue vest, and sliders.

Evan wore his t-shirt inside out and spiked his hair.  Oh gee, real wacky!

Hudson had a melt down trying to figure out what to wear.  I kept telling him to put anything on that didn't match.  I realize now this instruction was fairly meaningless to him.  In his world, all colors match all the time!

We managed to scrape together an inside out t-shirt, a pair of sunglasses and spiked hair.  

I feel like we've had a full two weeks of work squished into three days.  But Catholic Schools Week is only half over.  Up next is Dress Like Your Dream Job Day, Talent Show (which I help coordinate), Mass Day, rally, teachers v. student basketball game, soccer practice, and an all day spelling bee on Saturday where I am the Spelling Master.  Yes, it is as important as it sounds!  Not!

Happy Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment