Monday, January 5, 2015

Weekend Wrap Up - Getting Ready to go Back to School

This weekend has been nice enjoying our last few days of vacation and having Eric home with us.  I like it when he is able to take vacation time when we are home.

We went to a 10 a.m. appointment on Saturday morning.  After that it was time for brunch, so we headed to Mimi's Cafe for an unplanned date without the kids.  Love that!


I have been craving French onion soup ever since my mom mentioned it a few weeks ago.  I think Mimi's has the best soup.  Oh, and I also enjoyed a berry mimosa.  So delicious.

We came home and started packing up Christmas.  Pain in the butt.  Small tree waiting to be stored.

I LOVED having a flocked tree this year, but I HATED the mess it made.  I honestly don't know if I want another one due to the nasty mess.  Ask me again 300 days from now.

I needed Eric's help getting the star off the top.

And I needed his help getting the darn thing out the back door.  I should say I wasn't much help.  I did take photos!

Almost there!

That was quite the effort (not on my part) getting this sucker to the curb.

It was a two man effort getting this little corner clean.

After all that, I had no desire to cook.  I don't need much of an excuse to not cook!

This is a good man.  He doesn't really like this dog, but he always lets Harry snuggle close.  Real close!  I think the expression on Eric's face says it all!

Eric got up early and cleaned the kitchen.  I did not get up early, but once I did, I had to go grocery shopping.  There's nothing worse than starting the week scrambling for food and having to shop Monday after school.  As much as I don't want to shop on the weekend, it makes the week that much easier.

When I got home, Eric had made the family French Toast.  Again, he's a good man!

We are back at practice getting ready for a state cup game next weekend.

The rest of the day was spent taking down more Christmas.  Still not done, but getting there.  We also watched the Cowboys beat the Lions.  Oh, and I cooked for the first time in forever!  Nothing special...just chicken and rice, but still, we were at home around the table.

Here's to the start of a new year, new month, new year, new goals.

No comments:

Post a Comment