Monday, February 22, 2016

Weekend Wrap Up

Holy Smokes!  This is the first weekend in FOREVER that we haven't had a soccer game or basketball game to watch.  Weird.  Wonderful.  Not sure what to do with myself!  Just kidding!  I found plenty to do!

Friday night was wonderful.  Nothing scheduled, so I had plenty of time to relax in my pajamas and slippers and start listening to Week 3 in my Bible study on the book of Daniel.  I'm loving this study.  I look forward to it each day and I think about it in practical situations in my life frequently.

Eric had planned to do a major reconfiguration of computers in Hanford this weekend, so he was up and out of the house by 7.  I got so much done on Saturday!  (Not because he was gone!  Because I had so much free time!)

I had time and inclination to run outside!

I read 10 pages in my current book, One Question by Ken Coleman. I read my Bible passages for the day. I read a chapter in another book I am reading called The Tipping Point.  I ran outside for 30 minutes. I did laundry. I cleaned the kitchen. I listened to a Catholic podcast. I went grocery shopping. I took a shower. I did all that before 2:30!

At that time, the boys and I left for Fresno State to watch the Men's Basketball team play Utah State.  It was OLPH Day at the game, so there were over 100 of us there in the section.  It was a lot of fun.  I haven't been to a Fresno State basketball game in ages.

Evan was really into the game.  Hudson was really into the food.



The fourth grade teacher, Mrs. Howard, and me.

The Save Mart Center is a really cool arena.  When Eric and I got married, he bought me basketball seats.  We only kept the seats for one season, but it was fun!

Right at the end of half time, a guy from way up in the rafters started dropping hundreds of these balloons into the crowd.  Evan caught a pink one and gave it to a little preschool girl behind us!  #proudmommoment

Hudson caught the green balloon, but was more interested in his ice cream.  Evan made it into a hat to finish watching the game.

Not that I don't love watching the kids play soccer, because I really do, but ohhhhhhh how fun it would be to watch them play basketball INSIDE!

We were able to stay for the whole game.  I was worried we'd have to leave early because we had to get to Mass and Evan was altar serving.  We cheered as the Bulldogs won and then zipped out of the stadium in plenty of time for church.

In fact, Evan ran in to change for serving and Hudson and I ran to the Hall to get some pictures of the beginning of the Father/Daughter dance happening at the same time.  We ran back for Mass, and ran back to the Hall after church to take more pictures!  The mom in charge was super sweet and packed me up several plates of rice and tri tip.  No cooking for me!

Meat and rice...two of my favorites!

We got gas at Costco and finally headed home.  I am still in shock that I can fill up my car for less than $30!  And the price went down two more cents between me filling up on Saturday and Eric filling up on Sunday!  Gas for $1.79 a gallon?  Sounds good to me!

I ate my dinner on the couch while watching tv.  Hudson snuggled up behind me.

He's a touchy kind of kid.

My little sweetheart.

Feeling pretty accomplished for Saturday!

Eric's install did not go well.  He didn't get home until after 9 at night.  A 13-hour day wiped him out. We slept in and enjoyed a lazy morning.  Once we got restless, we headed out to do a few errands.

Looking for a weed eater at Lowe's.  The front yard has no grass, but that doesn't stop the weeds from growing like crazy.  We are planning to put down a bunch of gravel in the yard and fix it up pretty in steps.

This is what I wore on Sunday, because apparently winter is over.  Ugh!  It should NOT be 75 degrees on February 21.  I felt very pink today.  You can't see my pink earrings.  And a pink purse would have completed the ensemble, but I haven't bought one yet!

Such a good weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment