Friday, February 26, 2016

Friday Favorites: Disneyland Edition

We took the kids to Disneyland for their first and only time five years ago when they were 3 and 6.  They were so little!  We had a ton of fun, but only spent one day in the Disneyland park and didn't go across to California Adventure.

This year we are spending four days park hopping.  (For part of the trip I'll be at a religious education conference at the convention center across the street from Disneyland.  I'm excited about that too!)  The boys get to play while I'm learning!

I've been thinking about our last trip.  Here are some of my favorite pictures from five years ago:











Oh the sweet memories!

Here are some of the favorite things I am looking forward to on this trip.

My absolute favorite ride of all time.  Don't get me wrong.  I love roller coasters and thrill rides, but there is just something about this ride that gets me so excited!  I could ride it 8 times in a row!

Every time I go to Disneyland (I go once a year with my 8th grade class) I get a Dole Whip.  So yummy.  So fresh. So pineapply!  This delicious treat is located right outside the Tiki Room.  My parents always took my sister and me into the Tiki Room to get out of the sun and sit for a spell while enjoying the singing birds!  

I swear I'm not 92!  I love the slow, sing-song rides!  They are some of my favorites!  Who doesn't love It's a Small World?!  I'll tell you who...8th graders...that's who!  I always threaten my students to behave while in the park on their field trip or I'll make them walk around with me and ride It's a Small World 12 times in a row!  They laugh, but they know I'm serious!

Here are some things that I hope become a new favorite since I've never experienced them before!

I've never been to the World of Color show at California Adventure.  I'm contemplating order the whole package that comes with dinner and a premium spot to watch the show.  Still thinking on that one.

I've heard about these things, I've read about them, and I even tried to get one when I was at Disneyland last year.  But I've never had a Monte Cristo Sandwich at Disneyland.  Oh, this year it will be mine! (I've already got my reservation!)

And here is one thing that I can remember from Disneyland as a kid, but isn't there anymore.

I'm not sure what their actual names were, but my family called them the people movers.  The ride that's up in the sky on the wires was so much fun.  I loved being able to see far across the park.  I'm not sure if the carts on the track are the original monorail or some other ride. But I love this old picture!

Ahhhh!  Looking at Disneyland pictures is making me want to get there right now!!! (By the time anybody reads this post, the kids and Eric will be playing at Disney!)  If you can't tell, I'm really excited to get on the road!

No comments:

Post a Comment