Friday, February 5, 2016

Friday Favorites: Favorite Moments of the Week

It has seriously been a crazy week!  Catholic Schools Week (sort of like homecoming but a celebration of all things Catholic Schools) is always a ton of fun...but tiring and stressful for teachers!

These were some of my favorite moments that we had from the week.

Little man is always being dragged off to another one of his brother's games.  He is pretty uninterested in watching the game, so he contents himself with his iPad.  It makes me smile to see him all hooded up with his headphones over his sweatshirt!

I bought this little notebook for three dollars at Office Max.  It is a design by Nicole Miller.  I've never heard of the brand, but I liked the design and the price.  I'm using it as a journal.

Oh my heavens I am in love with pomegranate seeds!  They aren't cheap, either.  I get these big cups that come in a two-pack from Costco for $7.  I can justify it because I wouldn't think twice about buying a coffee or snack for $3.50, so why not indulge in a healthy snack?  They are just so tasty!

Another successful recipe from the Pressure Cooker: cheesy potato soup.  Oh so very yummy.  I combined two recipes together to create a delicious and belly warming soup. *A NOT so favorite moment of the week was waking up at 11 p.m. out of a dead sleep with an excruciating stomach ache.  I narrowed the culprit down to too much cheese in one day: pizza, the above soup, and Goldfish crackers.  I won't make that mistake again.

Text message to Eric telling him how cheap gas was at Costco!  I haven't seen gas for less than $2 in years!!!  My van was on empty and I filled it for less than $31!  That's totally bananas!  Man, I remember a few years ago when we were in the $4 range.  That was awful.

This was a fun day for Catholic Schools Week where the 8th graders hung out with their Junior Kindergarten Buddies and we made paper dolls and danced.  Oh how we danced!

For crazy hat day, I wore my wedding tiara and veil!  I almost didn't add the veil, and I am so glad that I did.  I had a surprisingly fun time wandering around school all day feeling like a bride!  It's the first time I've worn the veil since we got married 13 years ago.  So much fun!

We looked in the costume box and found a witch hat, a chef hat, a cowboy hat and a Santa hat.  Hudson chose witch.  He's the cutest little witch I ever did see in February!

I bought this Bible Study, and I am so anxious for it to arrive.  It is currently somewhere in Indiana.  Get to California!  I've already listened to the first hour-long session, and it was so completely inspiring.  I opted to get the audio rather than the video, because then I wouldn't have to be tethered to my computer or tv to watch.  The book contains the homework assignments following the session.  I can honestly say I never would have read the first chapter of Daniel and been able to pull so much meaning out of those few verses!  I can't wait to dig in!

Busy weekend ahead with Spelling Bee, basketball, Fun Run, 5K race, and Super Bowl.  I'm going to need a weekend to recover from my weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment