Friday, February 19, 2016

Friday Favorites

It's time for Friday Favorites with Andrea, Narci, and Erika.


My birthday was last Thursday, and I got many sweet and thoughtful presents.  I got them on my birthday as well as on Friday.  I love it when the celebration just keeps on going.

Here are some of my favorite presents and moments from turning 41.

One of my students made homemade cookies to share with the class!

My partner teacher not only decorated my classroom, but she brought mini cupcakes to share and bought me Diet Pepsi, an adult coloring book, and pomegranate seeds!  Love those seeds!

I wasn't planning to go out to eat on my actual birthday because the boys had soccer practice.  However, it was a slightly rough day for kid #1, so we made the decision to skip practice and head to my favorite restaurant Japanese Kitchen.  We usually only go there for lunch, so it was fun to be there for dinner and watch the show as the chef makes my favorite food.

Eric ordered my birthday presents from Amazon, and they arrived on Friday.  Yay for extended birthdays!

I got two books: One Question by Ken Coleman and Boys Should Be Boys by Dr. Meg Meeker.  We will be seeing both of these authors at the Dave Ramsey Smart Conference we will be attending in May.  I cannot wait!  I've read several books by some of the speakers we'll be seeing that day, but I wanted to read more!  Hopefully, I can pick up a few more before the trip.




I also got a beautiful eye shadow palette of soft spring colors.



The last thing I asked for was this contour kit by IT Cosmetics.  I'm a little nervous to use it, but I'm going to give it a go because I love the way contouring looks in YouTube videos that I watch.



Neither the eye shadow or the contour kit came with brushes, so Eric and I went out on our day off on Monday and I picked up a couple more IT makeup brushes at Ulta. These are the softest makeup brushes I have ever seen.  Heh...as if I have ever really used brushes before!  Anyhow, they feel like a soft kitten paw applying my makeup.  Love them.  I have a foundation brush, a powder brush, a concealer brush, an eye shadow brush, and a contour brush.  I think my collection is complete.

Here's to a great Friday and a relatively slow-paced weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment