Thursday, February 11, 2016

Today is My Birthday!

Today is my birthday!  I'm 41.  I own it.  I like it!  Working my way through my 30's was pretty rough at times.  Those were the growing pain years when the kids were small.  Last year when I turned 40, I finally felt as though I'd "come into myself."  It's a hard feeling to describe, but I just feel content with who I am.

It's a good feeling, despite not being able to properly describe it.

Many times on my birthday I get either nostalgic or goal oriented.  I feel neither of those things today.  I've spent a lot of time already this year focusing on goals: New Year's goals, Lenten goals, health goals, school goals.  While they are all important, I don't feel the need to make more right now.

I'm also not feeling nostalgic.  Like I said, I'm pretty happy with who I am.

I'll just post some fun things that have happened today.

One of my 8th grade students brought me homemade cookies.

My partner teacher brought cupcakes, pomegranate seeds, a coloring book and Diet Pepsi!  I shared the cupcakes with my class.

Yum!

The face of 41.  I like the face.

I told them to wave and be in my picture.

Flowers and lunch from my boss.

Happy birthday sign outside my classroom door.  I've had kids from all grades tell me Happy Birthday today!

We let the kids skip soccer practice and we went to Japanese Kitchen for dinner.  It's my favorite restaurant.  Hudson thinks it's hysterical to make stupid faces in my pictures.

A semi-selfie with the kids.

This man loves me so much, and I am so blessed to be his wife.

I know I've got a few more presents coming tomorrow.  It's always fun to draw out the birthday fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment