Wednesday, January 27, 2016

What's Up Wednesday

I started this post a few days ago and planned to include pictures to break up the type...but I was so tired last night and ended up in bed by 8!  Oh well.  This is what I've got!

1. What We're Eating This Week - We just bought a new Pressure Cooker XL, so I have been trying to use it as often as possible.  We've had it a little over a week, and I've used it to cook dinner four times.  I think all but one meal this week is planned for the pressure cooker.  It is just so easy to use and cooks everything so quickly.  Plus, there might be a little prep work, but once I put the ingredients  in the pot and seal the lid, I get to walk away!  Win for mom!

My first meal attempt of BBQ chicken thighs turned out pretty dang tasty!

Rice is a breeze.

2. What I'm Reminiscing About - I'm reminiscing about the last trip we took to Disneyland five years ago. The kids were little, Hudson rode every ride because he didn't know what was going to happen.  Evan was a bit grumpy.  It rained.  We got trapped in a snow storm on the way home!  I'm hoping that our trip back to the Mouse House at the end of February is magical, fun, entertaining, and stress free.

3. What I'm Loving - Some of my new clothes.  It's definitely more fun to shop lately than it was 40 pounds ago!  I love anything with stripes, so my striped sweater is a new favorite.  I also love my new collection of shoes and my new makeup. And my new earbuds and my new speaker.  Let's just say it was a really good Christmas!

4. What We've Been Up To - Mostly school and basketball.  I am also really enjoying the short break we've had from soccer.  Our weeknights have been mostly non-sport and non-meeting lately.  I really like it.  It is all going to ramp up in a few weeks with soccer tryouts next weekend, and it will be back to chaotic weeks.  Sigh.

5. What I'm Dreading - Putting the school yearbook together.  I do it every year, and it turns out pretty nice.  But it is extremely time consuming and I tend to procrastinate.  It all rounds out to a very busy spring for me each year.

6. What I'm Working On - Catholic Schools Week is next week (think Homecoming week for Catholic Schools!).  We have dress up days each day, special activities, and tons of craziness all week.  I'm planning activities for Reading Night as well as the Talent Show.  I need to get the Teacher Skit written for the teachers in the talent show!

7. What I'm Excited About - Two trips: Disneyland and a Dave Ramsey Smart Conference.  We are taking the kids to D-land for four days.  That is a lot of exploring and eating my way through The Happiest Place on Earth.  Later in the spring, Eric and I are going to see Dave Ramsey again!  We went about a year and a half ago.  He hosts an all day conference with 7 or 8 speakers.  It was one of the most motivating and inspirational speaking conferences I have ever been to.  If you are passionate about taking control of your finances and passionate about bettering yourself, this is the perfect conference for you!

8. What I'm Watching/Reading - I'm in the middle of two books: Retired Inspired by Chris Hogan (he works with Dave Ramsey...and yes, I am almost cultish-like in following Dave Ramsey's advice!) and Mother Teresa The Private Writings of the "Saint of Calcutta."  I'll be done with the first book in a few days.  It makes me excited to think about planning for retirement rather than dreading it.  I just started the first book this morning. I'm interested in learning more about this beautiful saint.  On tv I'm watching Younger, Teachers, and I CANNOT wait until Scandal returns on my birthday, Feb. 11!

9. What I'm Listening To: I'm such an extreme case when it comes to music.  I feel like I'm 14 years old or 80 years old!  I really enjoy listening to the Steve Tyrell Pandora Station.  I usually have country playing in the car.  I like Today's Hits when I'm working out.

10. What I'm Wearing - Slacks and sweaters for work. Jeans or leggings and sweatshirts for weekends.

11. What I'm Doing This Weekend - Basketball Tournament.  Plus, speaking at Mass for the start to Catholic Schools Week and taking pictures at said basketball tournament.

12. What I'm Looking Forward To Next Month - My birthday and a trip to Disneyland.

13. What Else Is New - I can't really say anything is new, and I'm okay with that!  I don't always adapt well to change, so nothing new is quite alright by me!

No comments:

Post a Comment