Sunday, January 3, 2016

The Post Where I Didn't Know What to Write About

I was completely stumped last night and this morning as to what to write about or post today.  I've been trying to think of something that I can post every Sunday that is relatively simple.  I don't want to spend a ton of time on weekend posts.

I came up with the idea of finding old photos that I love or evoke special memories.  I like the idea, but I can't come up with a catchy title.  I'm all about a catchy title!

Souvenir Sunday?
Memory Lane Sunday?
Looking Back to Start the Week?
My Memories?
The Times I Failed as a Mom?

I'll work on a title.  In the meantime, I'm sharing this photo.

Smurf and Puppy Smurf.

I attended a lunch with friends yesterday, and for some reason, I brought up this memory.  Let me preface by saying I know I'm a good mom, but I am definitely a "cut the corners" type of girl.  I rarely go all out on things like Halloween, class parties, birthdays, or events.  I just don't have the personality to focus on the small details like a great Pinterest photo.  Oh, and I hate the process of figuring out Halloween costumes.

This picture was taken when Hudson was in Preschool and Evan was in 2nd grade.  Evan wanted to be a Smurf for Halloween.  We bought a Smurf hat, a blue nose, and face paint.  I figured it was good enough and he wore his Smurf shirt and some white baseball pants.

Hudson wanted to be a Smurf because his brother was a Smurf, but Brother was all, "I don't want him to copy me!"  Earlier in the week, Hudson's teacher outfitted each child as a Dalmation puppy for Red Ribbon Week.  I compromised with the boys, threw Hudson's puppy outfit on him and painted his face blue.  The face paint was really the only thing Hudson wanted, so it was a win!

And thus was created Smurf and Puppy Smurf.  Puppy Smurf is totally a thing!  I beat myself up at times for scraping by in the mom department, but when I look at the photo, both boys are obviously happy, they are both pretty cute, and it gives me a pretty good memory to laugh about.

**The boys would go on to win an award in the Halloween costume at school when they were both in 3rd grade.  Evan was a tomato and Hudson was a crash test dummy.  I am convinced they are not going to remember the fact that I threw half-baked Smurf and Puppy Smurf together at the last minute!

No comments:

Post a Comment