Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Half Done

We are half done with 2009. We might not be technically done...I mean I haven't counted the days or anything to see if we are smack in the middle of the year, but six months are under our belt. I am determined that the second half of 2009 is going to be much less traumatic than the first half.

I spent the first day of the second half of 2009 doing many interesting things.

1. My sister and I went with my mom to handle business at the bank. My sister and I laughed and snickered when the bank lady suggested that my mom might be interested in online banking.

2. The three of us drove to Merced. We saw a movie. The Proposal. It was cute.

3. We ate a lot of popcorn, so we weren't hungry for lunch.

4. We picked up my dad's ashes and death certificates from the funeral home. Tiffany buckled my dad into a seat belt in the back seat on the drive home.

5. Tiffany bought us milkshakes and chili cheese fries to share. We were hungry by that point.

6. We looked at pictures of my dad when he was in his early 20's. He looked so young. He was so young.

7. I checked out Facebook with my sister.

8. I drove home, bought milk at the grocery store, picked up the kids, and reveled in the fact that dinner was ready and waiting in the crock pot.

9. I gave both kids a bath. They were surprisingly nice to each other in the tub.

10. I absolutely love eating Wild Cherry candies from Powell's Candy Store. That place is my version of heaven!



That was my nifty day. Now, off to watch Wipeout.

No comments:

Post a Comment