Thursday, July 2, 2009

Fashion?

I know I'm old and just not "with it" anymore, but even I know that this is not going to be the next fashion trend.



It just wasn't the battle I wanted to fight this morning. Keeping the kid in his own bed at night is a battle I am willing to fight. Wearing knee high baseball socks and cowboy boots didn't even make a blip on my radar screen other than to snort and snicker at him. We headed off to Story Time at the library.

"Oh no Mom," Evan cried from the backseat on the drive across town. "My boots are on the wrong feet."

"Wow, you better fix that," I replied. "You wouldn't want to embarrass yourself!"

We got plenty of looks from sympathetic mothers. No explanation needed. They all understood.

By the way, Evan looked even funnier right before we left the house because the knee highs were pulled all the way up his thighs. You couldn't see any skin. Fashion forward? I think not.

1 comment:

  1. Love when kids dress themselves. They are so proud and don't care how they look. Wouldn't it be great if we all had that untarnished self-confidence?!

    ReplyDelete