Monday, July 20, 2009

Church Clothes

I wish I had taken a picture of this yesterday, but I didn't. My description will have to do.

Yesterday I told Evan to go get dressed in some nice clothes because we were going to church. When I said nice clothes, in my mind I pictured his new plaid shorts and the polo shirt with a collar. Apparently my version of nice clothes is different from Evan's version.

Poor fashion challenged child came out of his room in gray shorts, a long-sleeve (it was 112 yesterday) collarless button down blue shirt, and his clip-on tie from school hanging off the top button. Both Eric and I tried not to laugh. We weren't too successful at that. Evan was hurt.

The only way we convinced him to go change was to promise him that we'd go shopping after church to get him some "church clothes." All through church he kept asking if it was time to get his clothes. Not yet. In a little bit.

Once church was over, we headed to Kohl's. It was the first time I ever had to take Evan into a dressing room to try on clothes. Before this, I was always able to get him the size that matched his age. Now it's getting trickier.

The child is very thin, but he's not short. I wasn't sure whether or not to go with 4-Slim pants or 5-Slim. We ended up with the 5's giving him room to grow. He was preening in front of that dressing room mirror though! I wish I'd gotten a picture of that!

He ended up with a pair of khaki pants, khaki shorts, a proper short-sleeved button down shirt and one more polo. He was also told that these clothes are only for church. I think now he's looking forward to church next week! He may not behave any better, but at least he'll look nice.

1 comment:

  1. That's too cute! I can just see him turning each way in the mirror!

    ReplyDelete