Sunday, July 19, 2009

You Can't Pause Life

I have to preface this little story with the information that we have DVRs attached to both of our televisions, and Evan indeed knows how to use the remotes. He learned very quickly that he could pause his shows to avoid missing anything crucial that SpongeBob might have said!

Last week Evan was at Summer School with me. I asked the kids to gather around me on the floor so I could read a story to everyone. Evan was jumping around trying to get settled. I started reading the story. Suddenly Evan called out, "Mom, could you pause it? I need to go to the bathroom!"

I busted up laughing! Sure, Honey, we'll just put a "pause" on life. Oh how I wish I could sometimes.

3 comments:

  1. Don't you LOVE DVR?!! I love being able to say pause it for dinner or we gotta go during their one favorite show and we can play good Momma and just be all, oh pause it for when we return! Anyway, that is so funny he wants to pause life. How precious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's hilarious. I haven't experienced the joy of DVR myself, but I do have a similar kind of thing--in many of my design programs on the computer, you can "Undo" (ctrl-Z, ha) something you've just done wrong...so many times I'll do or say something and immediately think to "Undo"...if only I could.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha! That is sooo cute! My friend has two children and they have a clubhouse. She was expecting them to want "the secret knock" instead they wanted a username and password.

    ReplyDelete