Monday, July 13, 2009

Little Shadow

I have a little shadow, and his name is Hudson. This shadow follows me where ever I go. Funny thing about this shadow, though, is that he squeals and cries when I get too far away from him. Shadows aren't supposed to make noise.

As of late this shadow has gotten rather clingy. I wouldn't call him my shadow anymore. I'd call him my new appendage. He must be attached to my body at all times, especially when we are out of the house where it is soooo easy to carry him all the time. My discomfort doesn't bother the shadow. He has high demands for closeness.

My little shadow also doesn't talk very much, but makes many LOUD sounds to get his point across. It is frustrating trying to figure out what he wants, especially when he is grouchy and tired. Then he just stands and screams and waves his little shadowy arms around.

I'm tired. I'm just worn out. I am trying to keep in mind that in a few short years, this little shadow will actually leave me alone, and then I might wish for these days.

No comments:

Post a Comment