Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Where's My Dollar?

Background: Whenever my mom sends the boys a card in the mail (Valentine's Day, Halloween, etc.), she includes a one dollar bill. We have many bills saved up in the cupboard. Grandma essentially paid for all of Evan's "Dollar Dress Days" last year at school.

Fast Forward: Two nights ago we received Evan's "Welcome to Kindergarten" letter in the mail. I let Evan open the letter, and I read it out loud to him. It was inviting us to the Open House to pick out his cubby and meet his teacher.

After I read the letter, Evan waved the paper around and looked in the envelope. Finally he looked at me and said, "Where's my dollar?"

Thanks Grandma! The kid now thinks all mail includes dollars. Don't I wish!

1 comment:

  1. Wouldn't that be fabulous if everything included just $1 instead of asking us to pay them $100s?!

    ReplyDelete