Saturday, July 4, 2009

Happy Fourth of July


Hudson says, "Happy Fourth of July!"


We spent a nice Fourth of July together as a family here in town. My mom and sister joined us around noon, and we enjoyed time eating, playing a game, watching the kids swim, and oohing and aahing at fireworks.


Hudson and Evan really enjoyed running and jumping into their little baby pool.


Hudson tried to escape.


Back inside, Evan serenaded us with a song or two.


Hudson loves his Aunt Tiffy.

It wasn't until my mom and sister left for the evening that I felt sad that my dad wasn't here. It's just strange not having him sit in his spot on the couch or enjoy the fireworks outside. He especially liked patriotic music, and he always loved eating Eric's tri-tip.

I made the comment to Eric as we watched the Boston Pops on tv that I wished the pride that we see and feel on the Fourth of July would last all year. Imagine if people felt this proud on a random day in October or March. I just know that I am proud to be a citizen of the greatest country there is.

No comments:

Post a Comment