Saturday, July 25, 2009

Off Limits


I have had it. I am sick of tripping over toys, clothes, and shoes left behind in OUR bedroom by the two young people who live in this house. I am tired of pulling Hudson out of our bathroom because he is once again in the toothpaste and the water. I am aggravated each time I have to yank Hudson out from the corner of the desk area and grab the phone from his hand. I'm done.

I tripped over a light saber and fell on my butt as I was trying to drag Hudson out from behind my desk chair. I said bad words. Then I cried. My toes and my rear hurt.

From now on, our room is a no-kid zone. To reinforce our point, I put the gate up so the small ones can't get in. They have been standing there for the past 20 minutes irritating each other. They have a play room. Why won't they use it?

I doubt I'll actually stick to this ban, but for right now, I am mad enough to mean every word.

2 comments:

  1. Ugh, I HATE toys scattered all over. I don't blame you one bit for the ban, no matter how temporary it may be.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They'll start using the playroom when you go in there with them. Kind of defeats the purpose right?

    ReplyDelete