Thursday, July 9, 2009

A Conversation

Evan and I had a conversation this morning in the car. He heard me leaving a phone message for my mom and asked if I was leaving a message for Dad.

Me: No, I was leaving a message for Grandma.

Evan: Are we going to see her?

Me: No. Do you want to go see Grandma?

Evan: Yes.

Me: Do you miss Grandma?

Evan: Yes.

Me: Do you miss Grandpa?

Evan: Yes.

Me: Do you remember why we can't see Grandpa anymore?

Evan: Yes, because he died.

Me: Where is Grandpa?

Evan: He is in Heaven with God.

Me: Do you think Grandpa is happy?

Evan: Yes, because so many people still love him.

Me: You are right.

Evan: Hey, look at that tractor!

Four-year-old simplicity at its best. The conversation made me smile. Yes, Little Man, a lot of people still love Grandpa.

1 comment: