Sunday, July 12, 2009

Quick Trip

We took a quick trip down to Bakersfield to see Mama and Papa (Eric's parents). It was a nice visit. Hudson was a little insane, but we had a nice time talking and catching up with each other.

We found out that Hudson is able to climb out of his pack-n-play. Luckily he's not sleeping in that very often. I have serious doubts about taking him anywhere anytime soon! Poor kid is so off his schedule that he was inconsolable this afternoon. I hope he gets a good night's sleep tonight.

One super cool thing that happened (at least in my opinion it was super cool) is that Hudson started calling me by name. He would say, "Mom, mom, mom, mom, mom." With each "mom," his voice would get a little louder and intense. I have to admit, I ate it up! Eric has had the pleasure of being called "Day Day" for months now. Hudson never calls me by name. I think it surprised and pleased Hudson to know that he could say Mom, and I would turn and respond to him. His little face would light up in smiles when I answered him.

I am ashamed I did not take my camera to get any grandparent photos. Bad Heather. Eric took the big camera, but it never made it out of it's case. Next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment