Saturday, February 14, 2015

Things Hudson Does to Amuse Himself

*I know it's Valentine's Day, but we don't really make a big deal out of the holiday around here.  Both boys had parties at school, plenty of candy, and I know I am loved by the best man every day.  So, no Valentine's post from me.  Instead I'll focus on Hudson!  He's my youngest love.

Hudson and I stayed home sick on Monday and Thursday.  It's been quite the week of coughing.  Luckily, we got Hudson to the doctor early, and he's been on an inhaler and antibiotic which has helped his cold from getting too bad.

That being said, while I'm dying on the couch, he's felt only mildly under the weather and has been a little reluctant to sleep the day away like his mother.

 It's hard to see what he's doing, but there is a red balloon that he was tossing and chasing around the room.

 I begged him to sit down.

 And he didn't.

 Despite wanting to pop his balloon, I like the "in action" picture!

 Doesn't he look super sick?  His coughing is bad, but he's not feeling the rest of the effects like me.  Thank goodness.  I don't want him to feel this bad.

 Good times.

He has the nerve to look at me and wonder why I'm frustrated?!  Good thing those eyes are big and innocent!

 I remembered that he had to make his Valentine's for the class party.  So he sat still for a good 30 minutes working on these.

 I barely had to help...win-win.

All I had to do was thread the Air Heads candy through the slits in the card.  I could handle that.  I didn't have to get off the couch to do it.

The next set of pictures were from Hudson's doctor appointment on Monday, but I thought they were cute and wanted to share.

 At all costs, arrange the tablet and headphones to the proper position.

 Still adjusting.

 Just about got it.

 After all that, he didn't even put the headphones on!

And then he saw something that caught his attention out the window.  He looks so little sitting up there on the doctor table.

Even thought it's been a rough, sick week, I'm trying to remember to appreciate both of my boys in the ages and places they are right now.  Time moves so fast.  They are going to be out of the house before I can blink, and that might make me cry!

No comments:

Post a Comment