Saturday, February 21, 2015

Step It Up Saturday - Week 1

Now that Eric is just steps away from better health and a better life, I need to get my butt in gear!  My plan is to share on Saturdays the various steps I have taken to improve my health and fitness.

This week was spurned on by Ash Wednesday goals.  You can read about it HERE.  I'm not sure what format I'm going to take each week with this.  Right now it's motivation for me to do positive health steps to have something to share!

So, how have I done this week?

As of Wednesday, I have not had any soda, I have had at least one fruit or vegetable each day, I have consumed water, and I walked twice.


My treadmill workout was hardly a workout, but I don't want to start this off by tearing myself down.  I am choosing to look at the positives.  I got on the treadmill and I walked for 30 minutes.  I didn't feel like getting dressed in workout gear, so I slipped on some shorts under my dress and put on some tennis shoes.  I didn't even bother to wash my face.  My ashes and me took a walk!


I set the speed to 3.0, but I wasn't able to keep that up.  And THAT'S OKAY!  So I lowered it to 2.5 mph.  I did not break a sweat, but I got warm and my breathing increased.  (That could also be due in part to decreased lung capacity from being sick!)


I walked about 1.25 miles and felt good.

On Thursday night, Eric and I walked around the soccer field while Evan had practice.  It was nice to be able to walk and talk and do something good for ourselves.

I feel good about the start to the week's healthier steps.  

I intended to walk last night as well, but we ended up at a rosary for the grandmother of our soccer goal keeper.  By the time we left there, got dinner, and got home, I was pretty tired.  

We are traveling to state cup for soccer today, but I plan to do a quick walk before we leave.  I won't drink soda and at the very least, I'll eat one apple.

Step It Up Saturday was a success.

No comments:

Post a Comment