Friday, February 6, 2015

Friday Favorites: Pictures




I'm linking up with Erika, Andrea, and Narci for Friday Favorites!

I didn't post any "what we are up to" posts this week, so I thought I'd post my favorite pictures of the week for my Friday Favorites.

My cousin, Michelle, hosted an online party for an organization called Trades of Hope.  The jewelry and products are made by women in impoverished countries.  They are taught skills which in turn allows them to be able to feed their families or keep from being sold into modern day slavery.  I ordered this bracelet and two sets of earrings, all of which I love!  The artist's stories are so compelling and I was eager to help.  If this is something that interests you, check out my cousin's facebook page HERE.  The website for the Trades of Hope organization can be found HERE.

This was taken on Wednesday night when we used a gift card to go eat out.  The boys are both watching a game on Hudson's tablet.  They stayed in this position for several minutes!  It always makes me smile to see their heads close together.

These girls painted these cups at Color Me Mine.  They turned out fantastic!  I want to try to buy them at the dinner dance on Saturday.  Now that I drink coffee, I need more cups.


A boy and his codependent dog.

We had an after school basketball game with a school down the street from us.  I probably took 30 pictures with my phone and got maybe three shots where Evan was actually in the photo!  The other moms kept laughing at me and my failing efforts to get a photo! 

Evan was frustrated with the ref not calling fouls...as evidenced by this shot!  I told him to calm down.  It's an after school game that doesn't count.  I think he gets his competitive nature from his father!

What's a little brother to do while his big brother plays basketball?  Anything he wants to!  And that included playing tether ball and hide and seek with the other littles.

This gorgeous girl used to be a student in my classroom, and now she's a sophomore in high school.  Sniff.  I can't stand it!  She also happens to be the older sister of Evan's best friend, Isaiah.  She is beautiful inside and out with a heart of gold and a fun sense of humor!  Plus, she seems to get a kick out of me, so I like her a lot!

I feel a cold settling in my chest, but I'm trying to ignore it.  We have the final basketball tournament and the dinner dance to attend this weekend.  I really don't feel like taking time out to be sick.  No, thank you.  Although, with SEVEN kids absent from my class yesterday, I'm wondering if it's inevitable that I pick up their viruses.  Fingers crossed that I'm fine.

1 comment:

  1. Hope you don't get sick!!! Love the picture of the frustration with the ref- ha-ha!

    ReplyDelete