Friday, May 30, 2014

Lunch, Farewell, and More Lunch

I've done a pretty poor job of chronicling the past few days.  Things have been so crazy busy getting ready for graduation that I haven't even thought about taking out my phone for pictures.

I did manage to grab a couple photos of kiddos on the go.

 Father Robert received a generous donation from two parishioners who told him to "treat" the 8th grade to something special.  We thought ice cream, but the amount given would have covered much more than ice cream.  So, Father came up with the idea of treating us all to lunch at Dog House Grill!  YUM!!!

Of course, I forgot to take any photos of the kids inside with Father.  We were waiting for one of our drivers to come back for us when I snapped this photo.  I only thought about it because the kids were taking their own photos with their phones. (I have no idea what the girls are doing with their hand.  Strange.)

Lunch was delicious, as always at this place.  I had the tri tip salad drenched in ranch!  So full.

 After school I took this lovely young lady out for a Jamba Juice and pedicures.  Her parents bought my donation at the school dinner dance.  Little One wanted strawberries painted on her toes.  They turned out very cute.  I stuck with plain pink!  It's been a while since I've had a pedicure, so it was relaxing and fun.

Today was the 8th grade farewell.  It is the school's way of saying goodbye to the 8th grade class before their graduation tomorrow.  Being the 8th grade teacher, there is a LOT of planning that has to be done to help these two days run smoothly.  One day down, one to go.

As a surprise, the mom of one of the students provided the four 8th grade teachers with gifts.  I got the biggest bouquet of flowers and a gift card to a nail salon!  Looks like another pedicure is in my future!  I love the vase and the flowers.  They are gracing my kitchen island, and they make me happy to see them.  It was an unexpected and much appreciated gift.

I wish I had gotten a picture of the luncheon set up by the 7th grade teacher.  She did an AMAZING job of decorating the Hall for the event.  The theme was, "Race to Your Future," and everything was done in checkerboard race flags and Cars motif.  Over the top adorable.  I don't know how she thinks of the creative stuff that she does.  It is simply perfect.

And now I need to finish a few things before tomorrow's graduation.

No comments:

Post a Comment