Monday, May 26, 2014

Cleaning and Organizing Fool

I'm cleaning and organizing in baby steps.  Since I tend to be an "all or nothing" type of personality, I'm trying REALLY hard to get control of my house in small steps.  It may not look like much in photos, but I see a big difference that is helping to keep me motivated to do more!

I've been working on my office space 15 minutes at a time for a week now.  The stack with all the yellow envelopes is to shred.  That alone will make a big difference.  The white stack in the middle is summer school stuff that I'll go through for this summer.  I'm excited to be able to use my office again.  Previously it has been the dumping ground for items that have no home.  NO MORE!  Things need a home!

The bed has been made each day (whether by me or Eric).  I love how tidy it makes the room look.  The little pile of blankets on the bed is currently in the washing machine.  I'll fold the blanket at the foot of the bed.

My dresser.  It still looks messy, but it is a hundred times better.  It needs a desperate dusting as well.  But the fact that I can see the wood that needs dusting is a big improvement!

My nightstand.  I'm trying to decide if I like the vases there.  Not sure.  Maybe they need a flower or two.  I don't know.  I'll give it time.

The dining room where items are waiting to go to new homes: Grandma's house, Aunt Tiffy's house, thrift stores.  Once the items are gone, the dining room will look nice again!

Pretty clean living room.  I'm also going through uniforms for school that were given to me by friends.  Some of the stuff won't be worn for several years, but I have no problem storing clothes until the kids are big enough to wear them.  I LOVE friends who give us clothes that I won't have to purchase in the future.

Garage is not perfect, but I cleaned up the bags of stuff that were lying around under the wall racks.  I can see the floor again!

I use FlyLady's concept of 15 minutes at a time.  Messes weren't made overnight, and they won't be fixed overnight.  If I pull everything out of a closet at once, I'll get discouraged and end up leaving the mess.  If I work on one shelf at a time, I can see the purpose and keep going.

Small changes making me happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment