Sunday, December 20, 2009

The Sad Tree

Yesterday my two children decided that the Christmas Tree didn't look nice upright. So they decided to level it. Actually, they were fighting with each other. Evan said Hudson pushed him and he grabbed the tree and the whole dang thing fell over.

I was standing in the kitchen wrapping a birthday present when I looked up just in time to see it tumble. It was awful. Broken ornaments everywhere. The angel lost her head. Literally. Some of my favorite ornaments were broken.

Luckily just as many were not injured. Many landed on the tree or the carpet, but some landed on the tile floor in front of the fireplace.

I screamed. Then I yelled, "EEERRRIIICCC!" He was already headed towards the noise. I stuck Hudson in his crib where he screamed for 10 minutes, and I basically told Evan to go away. We got the mess cleaned up, but it took a while to get the tree back up.

Here it is leaning against the chair with the pile of ornaments on the floor.


I would have grabbed the camera as the tree was lying on the floor, but I was too upset at that point, the kids were screaming, I was screaming, and I wasn't thinking clearly.

Eric and I got the mess cleaned up right before Evan's little friend got dropped off at our house to go to a birthday party. I am planning to go look for a new angel topper tomorrow.


We at least got the tree upright again. The lights are all uneven, ornaments are hanging in clumps, and that is as good as it's gonna get. Talk about bah humbug.

2 comments:

  1. I know it probably doesn't seem funny now but thats gonna be a good story for years. AND you can always say don't rough house or you'll make the tree fall over...true story now! Good luck replacing your Angel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had that happen 2 yrs ago, but it was a dog at 2am. Ugh--it's sad now but like Lex said, it'll be funny later. Just glad no one got hurt!

    ReplyDelete