Sunday, December 27, 2009

Christmas Eve on my camera

Eric and I both have our own cameras. His is big and nifty. Mine is small and nifty. This post will feature Christmas Eve photos from my camera. Once I see his photos on the server, I'll post those in a separate post...because you can never have too many pictures to view of the Forcey family!


My mom was so excited about her little sammie breads. Oh my goodness she wouldn't hush up about them! Yes, Mom, they are ADORABLE! (By the way, doesn't my mom look pretty in this photo?)

Instead of a big sit down dinner, we basically snacked our way through the day. We got to my mom's house at 1:30 and ate steadily until it was time for church. But oh the lovely snacks we enjoyed: beef stick, deli meats, cheeses, crackers, fudge, pretzels dipped in chocolate, veggies, ranch dip (Hidden Valley - thank you Mom!), olives, soda, cookies, and so much more. Oh lovely and delicious snacks. We started this food thing last year and liked it so much we did it again this year.

We spent the afternoon eating, playing games, laughing, missing my dad, and enjoying each other. I like Christmas Eve even more than Christmas Day. I always have. There's just a lot of special memories wrapped up in Dec. 24th.


Photos by the tree before heading to church. Hudson looks weird, and it went downhill from there.


The screaming and pushing and crying was unbearable. And that was just me! These boys were making me crazy. They simply refused to sit there nicely to be photographed. Meanwhile my nephews were being angels. Made my two look even worse. Sigh.


Decent shot of Evan.


See? These kids are nuts. Evan refused to smile at this point.


Happy family, I think.


Logan, Hunter, Evan and Hudson.


Me, my mom, and my sister.

Then it was off to church. Hudson didn't sit still for most of the service, but that was okay. Then once we lit the candles for Silent Night, Hudson kept blowing out Evan's candle. Then Evan started shrieking. Nice. I relighted it several times. Once we got home, we changed into pj's and opened presents. I love traditions!


The kids were all dancing like loons after all the presents were opened. It was fun to watch.


Evan is a dancing fool.

We got home from my mom's at about 11. It didn't take too long for Santa to arrive! I was wired and didn't get to sleep until midnight or so. It's always neat to set stuff out knowing how excited the kids are going to be the next morning.


Santa came and spoiled our boys!


Evan's side of the tree included a new skateboard, an MP3 player, and a Transformer from Santa. Santa Claus does not have time to wrap presents. All the wrapped ones are from Mom and Dad. This year was the first time that we have had a substantial amount of wrapped presents under the tree. We took turns on Christmas morning enjoying Santa toys, but also one by one opening our gifts from each other.


Hudson's side of the tree included a Strider bike, a Sit and Spin, and a Diego toy. His bike is the cutest thing I've ever seen. It doesn't have any pedals, but he sits on it and uses his legs to move forward. In time he'll learn to glide and he can put his feet up on those little foot rests! He LOVES his bike. I first saw this type of bike from a friend (Hi Carol!). Her little one was a speedy little thing on his Strider, and I just knew Hudson would love it.

That was our Christmas Eve. Another year has come and gone. It was a day in which I missed my dad terribly, but I had a great deal of fun being with my mom, sister, husband, sons and nephews. It was impossible to be sad all day because we had a lot of fun.

1 comment:

  1. Haha! Love the jumping pics! And yay for the Strider! I think those are the greatest things ever and wish I'd had it for all my boys. Hudson is going to be riding it like a pro in no time. Looks like it was a fantastic Christmas there!

    ReplyDelete