Friday, December 11, 2009

Clovis Electric Christmas Parade

We had a busy Saturday last weekend with the race in the morning, a Christmas boutique to visit at my school, and the Electric Parade that night. The parade was sooooooo cold. We managed to stay for the entire thing, but man it was chilly!


Evan trying to stay warm before the parade starts. We have to get there early to get a seat along the parade route, but that means sitting in the cold for over a 1/2 hour. Eric went to the liquor store to buy hot chocolate. Next year I am going to get smart and bring hot cocoa and snacks.


Hudson trying to stay warm.


Finally, the parade has started! It is really pretty watching all the floats go by brightly decorated with lights and sparkles.


Eric and I both love the cold weather, but it was a little uncomfortable for even us! As Eric so eloquently put it on Facebook, "I am freezing my ornaments off!" Funny guy.


Mommy and Hudson. I was worried about his little body given the chilly conditions, so I ended up wrapping him up on my lap.


Then he switched to Daddy's lap.


The parade is just about over. Time to get warm!

We ended up at Carl's Jr. for dinner after the parade, but I'll share those photos in another post.

I love living in Clovis, because it reminds me a lot of Chowchilla, even if it is much larger. Clovis has this hometown feel that is refreshing in big cities. This is a tradition I hope we stick with for a long time.

1 comment:

  1. We go to a similar parade in Mpls each year called the Hollidazzle. It's always a bit "chilly" too but lots of fun. And tell Eric that I like his comment. hehehe

    ReplyDelete