Saturday, December 12, 2009

Dinner after the parade

After freezing our tails off at the Clovis Electric Christmas Parade, we headed to Carl's Jr. for an easy dinner. (Again, next year I am going to get smart, and we are taking Subway or some similar thing with us to eat.)


Evan looks happy in this photo, but moments later he was throwing a fit. I asked him if he wanted anything to eat. He said no. So I didn't order anything for him. When he realized he wasn't getting anything, he flipped out. I am trying to get both kids to understand that they can't change their minds about things 42 seconds after answering. Hudson is the worst about this lately. For example:

Mommy: Hudson, do you want your milk?

Hudson: Nope.

Mommy: Okay, then I am putting it in the frig.

Hudson: AHHHHHHHHH!

And then the fun starts over when I ask if he wants his milk again. So I've stopped asking a second time. But then I get to listen to a very angry 2-year-old who wants what he wants on his terms, which are only known to him!


Both kids looking fairly normal and pleasant. It's all an act!


This face gets me every time.


Kicking back sipping on Sprite. Yep, he gets soda. And he knows the word "soda." Sometimes I marvel at my amazing parenting skills!

By the way, the $6 cheeseburger which only cost $2.99 was rather tasty. But that also could have been that I was pretty hungry by the time the freezing parade was over. In any case, we enjoyed a fun family evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment