Sunday, August 30, 2009

San Francisco

Eric and I took a trip to San Francisco this weekend to attend the wedding of my college roommate. We drove up on Friday night. That gave us a bit of time to meander around town on Saturday morning before the wedding. We headed to Golden Gate Park for a bit.


Eric in front of the Flower Conservatory in Golden Gate Park. Very pretty.


There were many pretty flowers and plants inside the conservatory. We didn't plan on going here, but thought it looked interesting, so we headed inside.


The building was very tall. The pretty stained glass threw color all around the room.


Pretty gardens outside of the conservatory.


Me in front of the De Young Museum in Golden Gate Park. I am hoping to take my class to see the King Tut exhibit that is there this year. No, we didn't go in. I didn't feel like spending the money on the tickets. I'll see it with my class.


Heather and me after she just got married! Heather and I lived on the same floor in the dorm our freshman year at UC Davis. We shared a room in an apartment our sophomore year. Then I moved home to go to Fresno State.


Beautiful bride.


View from our balcony on the 8th floor into the atrium of the hotel. It was fun to stand there and watch people below.


Looking straight across from our room. I really liked the look of this hotel.


This is what happens when you are a foot shorter than your husband and try to take a self-portrait of the two of you. The husband has his head chopped off in the photo!


We thoroughly enjoyed being alone together for two days. We missed the kids, but it was good to be away together.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a great weekend! Goodness knows that all parents need some time like that refresh and reconnect. Yay for you!

    ReplyDelete