Monday, August 24, 2009

1st Day of Kindergarten

Today was Evan's first day of kindergarten. It's hard to believe it is actually here. I have been waiting so long for him to be going to school with me. I think he looks older today than he did yesterday!


Getting ready. Hair isn't done yet. Two days ago he didn't know how to put on his underwear...or so he told me. Today he insisted on getting completely ready by himself.


All ready to go. Evan has on his new shoes which "help him run soooo fast because they stick to the grass."


He looks like he's saying, "Oh my aching head." But really, he's just trying to be cute. He does these weird poses for the camera. It's bizarre.


See? He looks older! It must be the uniform.


Me and my boys.


Evan's home for the next nine years!


Parents weren't allowed to go in the classroom, so we gave our hugs and kisses out on the blacktop. That is Evan's teacher, Mrs. Clark.


Walking in line to morning prayer.


After school hanging out in my classroom. The ears are Clifford the Big Red Dog.

We went to In-n-Out to celebrate the first day of school. (That and I forgot to put the meat from the sink in the frig, so it had been sitting out since last night. Oops.) Then we came home and did homework. Evan was quite serious about doing REAL homework.

All in all, I think he had a great day.

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on a great first day! He does look older, so I'm attributing it to the uniform. It's not right otherwise! hahaha

    ReplyDelete