Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Happy 1/2


Today is my half birthday! Happy half birthday to me! On February 11, I fully expect cake and presents!

Funny thing, though. Every time I mentioned to random strangers that it was my half birthday today, they just gave me a blank stare. So much for spreading sunshine and happiness on my 1/2 special day!

P.S. I had to add an extra snippet to the story. I told Evan it was my half birthday this morning. I had to explain exactly what that meant, and then we headed out the door. Later this evening Evan suddenly asks me in a very serious and yet politely interested voice, "So Mom, how was your half birthday today?" It was hilarious! I never figured he'd remember much less politely and maturely inquire about my super special day! Now why can he remember a random fact like my half birthday, but he can't remember me telling him to put his underwear in the hamper? I'll never understand.

2 comments:

  1. Haha! I can fully appreciate the festivity of a half birthday since I love to celebrate mine too. : )

    Happy Half Birthday to you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Half birthdays are very important! Everyone looks at me like I'm crazy too.

    We get it.

    ReplyDelete