Saturday, August 15, 2009

An Almost Kindergartener


Today was Evan's Kindergarten Visit day. It was the day to officially meet Mrs. Clark, check out the classroom, and pick out a cubby. Peanut will be a true kindergarten student on Monday, Aug. 24.

Evan has been with me many days at school this summer, so he already knows the campus, the office, the kindergarten classroom, and he has met his teacher several times. However, today was the official day, so it was a big deal! Evan's classroom looks fantastic, and I know he is going to learn so much this year.


Picking out his name tag while Mrs. Clark watches.


Choosing a cubby on the bottom row.


Painting his first kindergarten picture. He said it was a picture of a drawer and of himself. Who knows what that means.


Creating some pretty cool structures with the blocks.


Hudson had fun as well. He was quite intrigued with the magnetic stick and marbles.


Mrs. Clark was my long-term sub when I was on maternity leave with Hudson. She also used to teach kindergarten at OLPH before I was a teacher at the school. We are very excited to have her as Evan's teacher!

1 comment:

  1. I cannot believe that Evan will be starting K so soon! It's crazy to think of the differences in cut-offs and how our kids are days apart but will be in different grades. Regardless, I hope that Evan has a great year and I'm quite sure he will!

    ReplyDelete