Thursday, August 20, 2009

Getting Busy

Not like that you dirty minded people! Life is getting busy. I am finishing up preparations in my classroom to be ready for Monday. New classroom and new grade. New stress!

My posting usually drops off a bit during the year due to the fact that we are out of the house and working most of the day. However, it is a goal to continue to keep up with the massively interesting things that we do and share it for the world to read.

I'll do my best.

Peanut: I can't believe he is about to start kindergarten. I am thrilled that he'll be at my school. I am so excited for him. Now he just needs to knock off the sassiness he's been sharing with us lately. He was put to bed early and without his blanket tonight due to his smart little mouth.

Chicken: Has started talking and saying words spontaneously rather than copying what we are saying. He also has a sudden independent streak. In the past two days he has insisted on putting on his own sandals, climbing into the car by himself, and he even wants to put on his own seatbelt. We are understanding him when he says he wants something. I see a very faint light at the end of that stinkin' long tunnel!

Eric: Working hard. He's always working hard. He's the glue that holds us all together. He's the one who will scrape me off the sidewalk when I have my annual Fall Meltdown. He's the one who will need me to be strong at the end of September.

Heather: Working hard. Trying to keep my head above water. As if that wasn't enough, I signed up to run a 5K for the Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure on Oct. 24 at Fresno State. It's to raise money for breast cancer research. Once I get my Race Page designed, I'll dedicate a post all about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment