Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Annual Train Ride

I had to squeeze in our annual train ride down to Hanford before summer came to a screeching halt. Evan and I had a busy day together doing a little school stuff and then zooming downtown to catch the train.

This is our third year in a row taking the train to Hanford to have lunch with Eric. Usually we hang with him for the afternoon, and he drives us back to town. Today, however, Eric needed to get some things done, and I needed to get back into town for a school meeting. So, this is the first time that Evan and I caught the train in Hanford to head back to Fresno.

And no, Chicken didn't get to come. It's crazy enough keeping track of Evan. I am a glutton for punishment at times, but I'm not crazy enough to take a not-yet-two-year-old and the almost five-year-old on the train at the same time by myself. Hudson got to see Hanford earlier this summer, so I don't feel too guilty. Maybe just a little guilt. But still not enough to have included him this summer. Sorry Hudson. Mommy still loves you!


Waiting to catch the train in Fresno.


This will be the only photo of me being shared in today's post. Evan took some very unflattering shots of me from some very wacky angles. No need to scare people.


Okay, so I lied. Here is a lovely shot of my arm. Evan is such a good photographer. I've been working out. Can you tell?


About to catch the train from Fresno.


Evan is trying to hold his eyes open against the glare of the sun.


Finally on the train and heading towards Hanford. We rode backwards on the trip.


Just getting off the train at the Hanford station. Doesn't he look thrilled to be in the town known for it's sulfur water?

Eric came and picked us up, and we enjoyed a relaxing lunch at Chili's where we bought bottled water to avoid drinking the sulfur stuff! (It killed me to buy bottled water at a restaurant, but Hanford water is just ick.) Evan and I spent a bit of time at the Hanford library before it was time to catch the train to go back home.

The train was a bit more crowded on the return trip, so Evan ended up falling asleep while sitting on my lap. If I hadn't been afraid of missing our stop, I just might have let the train rock me to sleep as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment