Thursday, January 29, 2009

My First Accident





I got into an accident this morning while driving to work. First off I have to say that I am thankful for several things. I am soooooo thankful that the boys were not in the car. I am thankful that the driver who hit me has insurance. I am thankful that we have insurance. I am thankful that Eric was able to rush over and handle all the pesky details. I am thankful that I am not seriously hurt. I've got back pain, and I'm heading to the doctor shortly, but I am able to walk.

On the other hand, getting into an accident is a pain in the butt. I was the second car going through the intersection on our green light. Out of the corner of my eye I saw a flash of yellow, and the girl screeched her brakes and slammed into the passenger side of my van near the rear tire. She hit so hard that the sliding door and the front passenger door won't open. She was freaked out...as she should have been, but she said she was fine. She jumped out of her car and began apologizing and saying it was all her fault. Um, yeah, you ran a red light!

I've got my rental. It's a Toyota Rav4. Very different from my trusty van. I want my Honda back.

1 comment: