Sunday, January 25, 2009

Yummy!


I've been working on being a healthier person. One thing I've done nearly every night for over 3 weeks is to cut up fresh veggies for my "summer salad." I love the color and look of my salads, so I thought I'd take a photo and share. I forgot to buy purple cabbage, so there isn't as much purple in the salad tonight as usual.

I truly wish I liked cooked vegetables, but I just don't. I've tried. Many times. I can't get past the taste. I am finally coming to terms with the fact that I simply have to be healthy in a way that works for me. This works for me. The only problem with this is that I like my produce ultra fresh, so I've been at the grocery store every other day.

I can't get enough of my cucumbers, red peppers, green peppers, orange peppers, yellow peppers, carrots, red onions, cabbage, tomatoes, blue cheese crumbles, almond slivers, oil and vinegar. Besides the healthy factor, another good thing about doing this every night is that I'm not hungry. I rarely need to snack at night because I'm just not hungry.

I just wanted to share my pretty veggie bowl!

2 comments:

  1. Looks super yummy!! Health is hard when you need to get those veggies fresh. I have that problem too. That salad looks amazing though!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks phenomenal! You are doing so great with your health goals!

    ReplyDelete