Thursday, July 17, 2014

Where I Want to Live

Monterey.  That is where I want to live.  Or anywhere near the beach, really.  I've been thinking about it lately.  I'd even settle for living there during the summer only!

 We went to Monterey on Saturday for a day trip.  It was energizing.  It really helped recharge my batteries.  It was almost cold, and I loved it!  The boys were chilly so we got them a hot chocolate!

 Overlooking one of the marinas near the wharf.

 I'd never noticed this statue before.  I think it honored Italian fishermen.

 My babies.

 It was a day without any agenda whatsoever.  We let the kids explore and play on the rocks near the water while we waited for 11 a.m. to roll around so we could go eat clam chowder at The Fisherman's Grotto.

 Hudson goes to the coast for grilled cheese and french fries!  Not me!  Chowder bowl and garlic bread, please!

 We had a seat right at the window overlooking the water.  We had fun watching people kayak and paddle board.  I want to try paddle boarding.  It looks like fun and a GREAT workout!

After lunch we went to the park to play.  Then we bought new shoes at the outlets.  Then I met up with a friend I had not seen in over 20 years.  Then we went to the beach.  I just forgot to take photos of all that stuff!

We didn't leave town until after 8.  The boys were exhausted on the drive home!  It was a great day, and we are going back in a few weeks.  Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment