Saturday, July 5, 2014

Fourth of July

We had a nice day yesterday.  I got to sleep in and then work out mid morning instead of at 5 a.m.  We all got ready and went to see Transformers at the movie theater.  We RARELY go to the movies as a family, so  this seems to be our new 4th of July tradition (two years running).

 No one wanted to take a selfie with me, so I took one by myself.

And then another.  I dyed my hair yesterday morning.  A bit too much grey was showing through for my liking.  I feel younger!  Ha!

I liked the movie, but it was just too long.  We all had to pee really badly, and I was getting bored at the end.  How many times do we need to see yet another Autobot crash into another Decepticon?  A hundred, apparently!

After the movie we ran to the store to pick up some fruit to take to friends' house for a pool/bbq party.

 My boys were in heaven having a pool to swim in for hours.  They barely got out to eat dinner.  I wish all our debt was paid off so we could put in a pool.  They are at such a great age to enjoy a pool at home.
I LOVE this shot Eric took of Hudson jumping from the sidewalk and making the basket!  Too cute!

 Fish.  I think they swam from 5:30 until 9:30 with about a four minute dinner.

 Very pretty pool.

When it got dark, we went out front to enjoy fireworks.  Evan really wanted to be a part of the lighting the fireworks process.  His mom really did not want him near flames.  Hudson liked the "sparkles!"

We had a really good time hanging out with friends while the kids swam and played.  Happy Fourth of July!

No comments:

Post a Comment