Friday, November 18, 2011

Way To Go, Evan!

Today was awards day at school. I knew what Evan would be getting, but I didn't tell him.

The best surprise was Eric was there!

I'll be honest. I didn't have the best day. I just got a bit overwhelmed, and a last minute issue sent me into tears. Ugh. Thank goodness for a week off for Thanksgiving Vacation.

It was great walking over to church with the kids for the awards and seeing Eric walk up in front of us!

Evan didn't know his Dad made it until he got an award, and I pointed out where he was sitting.


Evan received Gold Honor Roll, 3rd place point earner in Accelerated Reader for 2nd grade, and an award and medal for Cross Country.

I got teary all over again as I sat there watching the awards in the church. I feel so blessed to work at this amazing school. I am blessed that my kids are receiving a Catholic Education. At the end of the awards, our priest got up and gave a really nice closing prayer. How many schools have awards and end them with a prayer from the priest? Not many. It just makes me so happy to be raising my kids in this environment.

After the awards, I gathered all my stuff so we could leave.

Hudson was excited that Dad was there to pick him up from school. Everybody loves surprises from Dad!

No comments:

Post a Comment