Thursday, November 24, 2011

Cinna-Bust

So.....the cinnamon rolls I started yesterday for Eric's birthday didn't exactly turn out. At all.

First problem: I started them too late in the day.
Second problem: The oven was being used most of the day for better foods like prime rib and roasting garlic.
Third problem: I'm not a good baker.
Fourth problem: The dough wouldn't rise because it was cold in the house, and I didn't have access to the oven (see above).

Once Eric was done cooking his own birthday dinner (trust me, he doesn't want me anywhere near prime rib and homemade mashed potatoes), I put the dough in a glass bowl with a towel on top, hoping the dwindling heat of the oven would activate the yeast.

Then I left the bowl there. Overnight. And forgot about it.

Fast forward to this morning. Eric turned the oven on to preheat it for pies. I still didn't remember that there was a glass bowl and a TOWEL in there. Luckily, Eric discovered it a few minutes into the preheat process.

What do you do with half risen/half cooked dough?


Well, I'm glad you asked!

You combine it with this:

A half eaten container of vanilla frosting.


The two together were quite delicious. And this way I don't feel so guilty about just licking frosting off a spoon. The frosting now has a purpose.


Then things got crazy when I sprinkled on a dash of cinnamon. You'd never know these weren't proper looking cinnamon rolls!


And this is how I hope to spend the majority of my day. Hey, I ran a 5k Turkey Trot this morning. It's all good.

No comments:

Post a Comment