Monday, November 14, 2011

A Good Book

I have been waiting for this...



I have always hoped that my kids will love to read books the way I do. Evan picked up on reading very quickly in kindergarten, but he was too busy playing outside and doing sports to really get "into" a book.

However, now that he is a little older, the world of chapter books has suddenly opened to him, and he can't get enough. Right now he is enamored with Magic Tree House books. I also had him check out an Encyclopedia Brown book. He seems to be enjoying it.

After coming home from the library yesterday, he was determined to 'read a whole chapter book in one day!' And he did it. He took the AR test today at school and got nine out of ten correct. Pretty good!

Evan has requested books for Christmas. Santa got busy today and ordered a bunch from Scholastic. I knew hanging onto bonus points from when I taught 3rd grade would come in handy someday!

No comments:

Post a Comment