Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Soccer or not?

Ugh! Evan's life is busier than ours.

We finished up the soccer season right before Thanksgiving. It's been nice having the last month off of sports. It's about to end.

Indoor soccer starts NOW. As in there is practice tomorrow and the first game is on Saturday. Geez, it's a good thing Evan's parents don't have much else to do besides cart him around to practices and games.

One small problem. Tomorrow is Wednesday. That is the one and only day that we can't get Evan to practice. For once, Eric and I are choosing to be selfish and say no. We just started back to Weight Watchers in early December, and our meeting date is every Wednesday. We even have a babysitter lined up each Wednesday for an hour. I'm not willing to give this up so Evan can go to soccer practice, and I don't think that makes me a bad mom.

We have to put ourselves first right now. We just have to. Both of us have already lost weight, we are eating better, and I am ramping up my exercise.

Eric talked to the coach and told him that Evan can't make it on Wednesdays. The coach basically said they'd have practices on Tuesday and Thursday then. That was the schedule we had for outdoor soccer. It works better for us all around.

Now that practice is figured out, we have to wait and see if this indoor soccer stuff is going to interfere with BASEBALL SEASON. Good Lord. I can't even imagine when Evan is in junior high. If it's this bad in first grade, what's coming?!

On the flip side, I am grateful that I have two very active children who both enjoy sports. Luckily, I like watching them play sports!


Random and totally unrelated Christmas picture. Santa likes us.

1 comment:

  1. Good for you! I agree, in the long run Evan will be better off with healthy parents than having never missed a soccer practice. Congrats on your successes so far and good luck!!!

    ReplyDelete