Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Strong Willed

Hudson is strong willed and independent. Much more so than his brother. Hudson seems to figure, why wait for someone else to do something for me that I can do myself?

Case in point.

Yesterday I poured Hudson a half cup of milk into a sippy as politely requested by him. I set it on the counter. A bit of time went by. Hudson then decided that half a cup of milk was not enough, so he got the milk out of the refrigerator.

I jumped up, told him no, and took the milk jug out of his hand. Hudson got quite angry and threw the sippy cup across the room.

I retrieved the cup from under the kitchen table, unscrewed the cap, poured the milk down the sink, and tossed the cup in the sink. Needless to say, this resulted in high pitched screaming.

By this point I was pretty angry, so I left the room for a few minutes.

When I walked back into the kitchen, I'll be darned if that kid hadn't gotten the sippy cup out of the sink, poured himself a whole new cup of milk, screwed the cap back on, and had it on the counter.

I was torn between wanting to throw the sippy cup myself and wanting to laugh.

Oh my goodness this child is never going to let life be simple. I have to admire his ability to get things done, but I am butting heads with his stubborn nature. I cannot possibly have been this strong-willed as a kid. It must come from Eric.

No comments:

Post a Comment