Sunday, January 17, 2010

Purging

Apparently I had a burst of energy this morning, because I cleaned the boys' playroom. I should have taken before and after pictures, but I only got the after shots. Just imagine a floor so covered with toys, you couldn't walk through the room. At all. It was bad. Really bad.


One bag is trash, and the other three are to give to the Thrift Store when they call for donations. I am still trying to figure out what to do with the backpacks. I am thinking the closet in the other room. I would also like it if the table was completely empty. I want a little craft bin for crayons, paper, etc.


Do you see that? There are EMPTY bins in there! That makes me super happy.


Ahhh! Tidy bookshelf.

I just don't know how it gets out of order so dang quickly. I really tried to only hang onto things that the kids play with. I put a few items up in the closet to rotate in at a later time. I still need to find room for the remote control cars they got for Christmas.

Now I just need to get the car cleaned. Then I will consider it a productive day.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, what a happy mom a clean toyroom makes! I am right there with ya, girlfriend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Goodwill store next to Michaels in Clovis has a drive up donation spot in the back - then you don't have to wait to get rid of the donation bag. I'm currently in the Year of the Purge over at my house!

    ReplyDelete