Monday, January 11, 2010

Girlfriend

I had a funny conversation with Evan on the way home from picking Hudson up at daycare today. As I walked around to the driver's seat and was waiting for the boys to get in the car, Evan and Hudson were busy on the sidewalk petting a neighbor's dog that had run over to greet them. I darted back around to the sidewalk to see what was going on.

The neighbor was holding his English Bulldog while the boys were petting it. She was a really sweet puppy. I asked what her name was, and the neighbor responded that her name was Bella. Bella the bulldog!

We got in the car, and I said, "That's funny! The dog's name was Bella!"

Evan: Yeah, it's just like my girlfriend's name!

Me: Oh, you finally admit that Bella is your girlfriend! (Whenever we bring up Bella's name, he gets quite defensive. Bella is a pretty girl in Evan's class at school.)

Evan: shy smile

Me: Does Bella know she's your girlfriend?

Evan: No, I don't want to surprise her. Mom, when you see Bella's mom, can you tell her?

Me: Um, sure. We'll see!

Too cute! Little ladies man my 5-year-old is! However, I doubt that I'll be running up to Bella's mom informing her that her daughter is betrothed to my son! I'll at least wait until they are in 1st grade!

1 comment:

  1. That's so adorable! "Will you tell her mom?" What a doll!

    ReplyDelete