Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Great

My post title has a double meaning today.

I truly mean the word "great" when I say that Evan did well on his progress report at school yesterday. We are so very proud of how well he is doing in kindergarten. We celebrated his success last night by going out for ice cream after dinner. (I always love a good reason to go out for ice cream. It makes me feel less guilty about it when there is an actual reason as opposed to just wanting ice cream!).

My second meaning of the word "great" should be said with utter sarcasm. The pictures below show what we woke up to this morning.


Yeah, that would be our back fence lying flat on the ground!


Just what I always wanted to see...my neighbor's backyard while standing in my own backyard.


I think the wind knocked down at least three panels of fence. Eric was the one who found this lovely sight. I was already on the way to school. Eric wasn't happy.


The really irritating thing about this whole mess (aside from the new view out my back sliding glass door) is that Eric had already spoken to the neighbor about needing to get the fence repaired several months ago. It has been weak and leaning for quite some time. The only problem is that the support beams are on the neighbor's side...not ours. Eric told the neighbor that he was completely willing to pay half, help out, or do whatever needed to be done to get the fence fixed. Apparently the neighbor thought Eric was kidding.


Not only do we now have a suddenly larger backyard, but we have to leave the dogs inside during the day. We don't want them wandering into the neighbor's yard to get eaten by their dog. And the fence won't be able to be repaired until the ground dries up, we get an estimate, and insurance gets sucked into the mix.

What a "great" day.

No comments:

Post a Comment