Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Ready for Thanksgiving via Christmas

The boys and I finished decorating for Thanksgiving using Christmas decorations! I am happy to report that all the issues I had in yesterday's post are not issues anymore. Take a look!


The village has a new home in the dining room rather than the formal living room. The formal living room doesn't really exist anymore. Maybe next year I'll find some sort of sheet or cloth to hang down to the floor to cover the cords. For this year, I don't really care.


Hudson was delighted with the village and kept saying, "Grandma, Grandma." He specifically pointed to this little Hershey Sweet Shoppe and said the little lady on the porch was Grandma! What a sweet baby!


The tree is up and the toys are gone. Last year the tree tilted to the right after a little topple accident. This year there were no accidents, but the tree is leaning forward a bit. You can't tell in the photo, but you can tell if you are sitting on the side of the tree! Evan was a big help putting ornaments on the tree. Hudson...not so much.


The fish don't look so bad amidst the decor. The light in their tank keeps things festive.


The plants are going to live on top of the frig for December. A few others have to live on top of Eric's dresser.


Even the elliptical is getting into the Christmas spirit with a little decoration! Normally this wreath goes on the outside door, but no one ever uses the front door. I may as well keep the wreath inside where I can see it!


The half completed bookcase from yesterday is all finished.


New to the Christmas ensemble this year are these adorable clotheslines with Santa's clothes and elf clothing! I bought them last year but didn't know where to put them, so I never put them up. This year Eric suggested this spot above the fireplace in the exercise room. I love them! They really are adorable.

That was today's big project. Other things on the agenda were to get gas, get the car washed, grocery shop, and relax. Well, we got gas. That took a half hour. Everyone and their uncle needed gas today. I zipped over to get the car washed, and apparently the other half of Clovis was hanging out there. I decided that a clean car just wasn't that important. I had already spent a lot of time cleaning out all the trash and junk that mysteriously accumulates in my van. It is a huge improvement. I'll go to the car wash this weekend...maybe.

I finally made it to the store after the kids were in bed. It was busy but not crazy. I just needed to get a few more things for tomorrow.

And relaxing? Well, not much of that happened here today. That's okay though. I'll be able to relax tomorrow. After my race of course. I'll be Turkey Trotting it up at Woodward Park tomorrow at 8 a.m. Should be fun!

1 comment:

  1. I love the decs! And we have the same snowman plaque (Starlight, starbright...) and it hangs above the closet door in our entry way.

    ReplyDelete