Monday, November 23, 2009

Happy Birthday Daddy!

Happy Birthday to the best guy around! I love this man with all my heart and soul. He is my rock. He's the one who keeps me balanced. He is my better half. We love you Honey!


Evan was really excited to give Dad his presents. While Hudson took a nap yesterday, Evan and I headed ALL THE WAY across town to do a little shopping! The joke around here is that I don't venture past Clovis Ave. For those of you who don't understand what that means, Clovis Ave. is only about two miles away from my house. But pretty much everything I need on a daily basis can be done on this side of Clovis Ave. To go shopping for Eric's gifts, I had to go to Fresno! I had to go to Blackstone Ave. Ewwww!


Hudson says, "Give me some love." Or it might have been the other way around with Eric begging Hudson for a kiss. Crazy little kid was crawling all around the table.


We got Eric a red shirt, a black shirt, and some tools. I was very proud of Evan for not spilling the beans about the gifts. Little man is finally learning how to keep a secret! (And yes Evan and Eric have matching OLPH shirts on!)


Hudson was really into the icing. I had a hard time keeping his sticky little fingers from digging into the cake all evening. In case you can't read it, the candles are placed in the shape of a "41."


The three men in my life. What a crew! Some of my favorite moments in life are seeing Eric hold his boys. It brings me to tears any time I see the boys snuggle in close to their dad. Okay, I don't exactly shed the tears, but I do get watery!

Happy Birthday Baby! You are the best!

Last but not least, here are 41 reasons why this man is the best!

1. He doesn't worry about stuff.
2. He is an amazing cook.
3. He drives us all around.
4. He supports me in all of my crazy ventures.
5. He humors me when he knows the ventures won't last.
6. He is proud of me when I succeed and even when I don't.
7. He went to every prenatal appointment I had.
8. He was the best labor coach around.
9. He takes his job very seriously.
10. He makes me laugh often.
11. He is big and strong.
12. He loves to lounge as much as I do.
13. He drives the mini van with style!
14. He always says I love you.
15. He kisses me often.
16. He changes diapers.
17. He can talk sense into the big child.
18. He comforts the small child.
19. He is protective of us all, including my mom, sis and nephews.
20. He was there for me when my dad died and all that entailed.
21. He makes me feel beautiful.
22. He washes dishes.
23. He mops floors.
24. He makes sure my computer is always working.
25. He makes a mean margarita.
26. He loves his parents and siblings.
27. He goes to church.
28. He makes me breakfast.
29. He takes care of the bills.
30. He stays up late with me.
31. He plays catch with the boys.
32. He put up a swingset that was a pain in the rear.
33. He talks to me.
34. He gave up his "sporty" car for his family.
35. He loves his dogs.
36. He trusts me.
37. He is faithful to the end.
38. He always gets the mail.
39. He takes out the trash.
40. He remembers all the little things I say to him much better than I remember what he says to me.
41. He's mine!

No comments:

Post a Comment