Saturday, December 6, 2008

A Christmas Irritation (but this applies year round too)

Not to be all bah humbug or anything, but there is something that bothers me. It just so happens that my irritation is more noticeable around Christmas time because every fourth decoration I own needs batteries to light up or sing or dance or ho ho ho, or, well you get the idea. My irritation is not that I have to put batteries into all these nifty decorations, it's the fact that a majority of the little battery door holder thingies are now screwed shut. As in with an itty bitty stinkin' tiny little screw. That means I have to find an itty bitty screw driver with which to remove said door. It's just more than I can take at this time of year. I did manage to spend 42 minutes unscrewing tiny screws from tiny battery holder compartments so that all my Christmas "pretties" can be heard and seen properly. And then I screwed them all back into place. We wouldn't want Hudson to get hold of a battery for goodness sake.

This is an irritation that does last all year, but apparently I don't use nearly as many batteries at other times of the year so it's not as noticeable in July.

There, I feel better. And now my house is pretty. I plan to share pics of the inside and outside of the house later. I know you are on pins and needles waiting to see my house clear of empty Pepsi bottles and underwear. I try. I really do.

As a side note, I love how the outside of the house looks all lit up, but I am always terrified having Eric clomp around on the roof. I have this weird fear that he might fall off. That would not make for a happy Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment