Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Another Milestone


We have reached yet another milestone. Hudson is ready for a booster seat, and Evan has switched to sitting in a regular dining room chair. I am so happy for this milestone because the high chair takes up an enormous amount of space in our fairly small eating area off the kitchen. Yippee!


Off to be donated. Please ignore my shirt on the floor. It must have fallen out of the laundry basket on the way to the washer. Yeah, that's it! That's what must have happened!


I told you this child was a little ham! All I said was, "Smile!" He's also trying to feed himself. Dad had to help out after a while.

I can't help it. I am excited about these milestones. Every once in a while I get a bit sad about the baby years passing by, but by and large I am more excited about the kids getting bigger.

One item I am NOT ready for Hudson to outgrow just yet is his crib. That's not because I don't want to see it leave because then my baby isn't a baby. Nope. That's not it at all. I still want him in the crib because it contains him! There are times we still need containment!

2 comments:

  1. Come on Heather, we all know that you got home from teaching, stripped down to your unders and did a few laps around the house. THAT's how the shirt ended up by the kitchen table! LOL

    I was excited about the booster transition, too, though we still have the high chair for the daycare kids :-(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hehe, I have to second Candy on the shirt. I'd have never noticed if you hadn't mentioned it, then I was left thinking you like to practice photography half clothed! ;) Its wonderful to hear about you being so excited about the milestones. I get mired up in nostaligia sometimes and I don't really want to. I want to just celebrate and be happy about milestones. It makes it really nice to read your excitement and happiness!

    ReplyDelete